In April of 2004, on the anniversary of the coup against Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez, I was fortunate to have the opportunity to be in that country with a group of interested (mostly) American citizens. Following is the report I wrote at the time, originally titled "Recoup".  Many of the original sources I used from news articles are no longer available, and where I could find the source anew, I have changed the links, and where I could not, was simply forced to remove the links, for which I apologize.

The report is laid out with the introductory page as a blogpost, followed by reviews and feedback I received on it, with the body of the report listed below that as linked pages. (Pages are also listed in the sidebar on the right.)  My views haven't changed much since then...I still wish the people of Venezuela the best in their ongoing struggles. We could do worse than to look to them for advice in our own.

MQ  February 2015